January 31, 2012 11:00 ET
Hit The Slopes! Score Super Lift Ticket Deals on Game Day
With Short Lift Lines and No Crowds, Get Out on the Slopes This Sunday With Liftopia's Biggest Lift Ticket Sale of the Season
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 31, 2012) - With everyone staying inside to watch the big game, Sunday, February 5th is a great time to hit the slopes and score the best lift ticket deals of the season. Liftopia, the largest online marketplace for discounted ski lift tickets and mountain activities, has launched a nationwide sale, with exclusive discounts at more than 120 ski resorts, including 50% off at Copper Mountain, 47% off at Squaw Valley, 27% off at The Canyons, and 25% off at Mount Snow on the day of the big game.
"This Sunday offers some of the best deals of the season on lift tickets, which is especially great for skiers and snowboarders because there are also no crowds or lift lines. Even if you are a football fan, these deals make it easy to hit the slopes early and still catch the game," said Ron Schneidermann, co-founder and COO of Liftopia.
Here are just a few of Liftopia's Game Day deals:
New England/New York Area
- Save 25% at Mt. Snow in Vermont with single day lift tickets starting at $61.99
- Enjoy the day at Jay Peak with single day lift tickets starting at $46.00 representing a savings of 37%
- Save 36% at Camelback in Pennsylvania with single day lift tickets starting at $37.99
- Single day lift tickets at Canyons start at $66.99 for a saving of 30%
- Save 50% at Copper Mountain with single day lift tickets starting at $49.99
- Save 30% at Arapahoe Basin in Colorado with single day lift tickets starting at $51.99
- Save 47% at Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows in Lake Tahoe with single day lift tickets starting at $49
- Enjoy 30% off at Kirkwood with single day lift tickets starting at $54.99
- Save 51% at Crystal Mountain in Michigan with single day lift tickets starting at $27.00
Liftopia now enables skiers and boarders to get great deals on the go with the Liftopia mobile app for iPhone and iPod touch. It is skiing's first multi-resort, location-based e-commerce app where skiers and snowboarders can browse and buy deals on lift tickets and other mountain activities in advance, and access the latest information on ski conditions and snow reports for ski areas around the world.
Liftopia also offers detailed information on mountain resorts, including services, amenities, run difficulty and the ability to browse user reviews to help skiers and boarders research and choose the best resort for their needs. Participating resorts include Park City, Aspen, Steamboat, Winter Park, Deer Valley, Copper, The Canyons, Mammoth, Squaw Valley, Kirkwood, Stowe, Sun Valley, Taos, Snowshoe, Mont Tremblant, Killington, Sunday River, Banff, and Whiteface.
Liftopia is the largest online marketplace for discounted ski lift tickets and mountain activities online in addition to rentals, lessons, dining and other mountain-related activities and products. With deals at more than 150 ski areas including Aspen/Snowmass, Park City, Winter Park, Sun Valley, and Stowe, Liftopia provides skiers and snowboarders the ability to buy date-specific lift tickets and other on-mountain activities online in advance for up to 80 percent off ticket window prices via Liftopia.com and the Liftopia mobile app. By committing to date-specific, non-refundable tickets, skiers and riders can get deep discounts at the resorts they love. In turn, Liftopia's proprietary technology enables ski resorts to better manage inventory, revenue, yield and pricing. Founded in 2005, Liftopia is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading institutional and angel investors. For more information, visit the Liftopia blog or follow the company on Facebook (www.facebook.com/liftopia) and Twitter (@Liftopia).